- The sunflower is the only flower with the word “flower” in its name.
- Sunflowers need full sun and rich, well-drained soil to reach their maximum height.
- Sunflower oil is contains calcium and iron. It also contains vitamins A and D.
- Sunflowers naturally attract bees, this makes it valuable to people that keep bees. Sunflowers were first discovered in North and South Americ. At the bud stage of its growth, the sunflower faces the sun at all times throughout the day
- Sunflowers can grow to a height of 1m to 4.5m
- Sunflower oil can be gotten from its seeds; and the oil can be used for cooking and to produce margaarin
- Sunflower seed can be eaten as a snack food, after roasting in ovens
- It’s seed can also be sold as food for birds
304 total views, 1 views today